ASIST K-Blog Panel

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Putting Math Online

During the question period of this panel, someone asked about ways to put mathematical notations online. The other day, a physicist just happened to mention something that caught my attention and I learned a bit about LaTeX, which allows mathematical and scientific notation. He mentioned the Wikipedia article about it and the encyclopedia uses it for their mathematical and scientific notations. The Wikipedia entry shows some examples of math notations rendered with LaTeX.

1 Comments:

  • Cool. Why didn't I think of that? I think the MediaWiki handbook help article is useful, too: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Formula . I'll do some playing around and post on my blog how this goes into/comes out of search engines.

    By Blogger Christina, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home