ASIST K-Blog Panel

Monday, November 15, 2004

Some serendipitous examples of blogs for PKM

I was just wondering who all else at ASIS&T is blogging their conference experience so I searched Feedster (alternatively I could have looked at who's got a blog posting that links to the ASIST conference page). I came up with a post from another presenter who briefly mentions how his blog is supporting his PhD work:

pseudo-serendipitous discovery - value in research oriented blogs

Similarly to Kylie Veale (in the comments of Dissertation blogs), I also find it interesting and rewarding to write in my blog. Once in a while I go back and read what I have written in the past. It is amazing to find thoughts and ideas that come handy in the present research projects and interests, especially since I'm about to finish my Ph.D. glasswork [sic] and embark on my dissertation. The pseudo-serendipitous discovery in things one has written in the past is not so much of a discovery since you have written it. It is amazing however to try to understand the framework and the mental state present at the time one wrote an earlier blog entry (i.e. the source of the pseudo-serendipitousdiscovery). From Mentor Cana: http://www.kmentor.com/socio-tech-info/archives/000632.html

From Kylie Veale (http://blogger.iftf.org/Future/000368.html)

I write a PhD weblog and find that it helps to formulate my thoughts and ideas when I know I'm writing notes and someone else might read them.Posted by: Kylie Veale at April 2, 2004 03:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home