ASIST K-Blog Panel

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Bill Ives Talks at Tonight's Blog Meeting

Bill Ives will be talking about knowledge management and blogging at tonight's Berkman meeting. I will, of course, take notes.

Addendum: Bill mentioned his post Blog as Filing Cabinet. It sounds relevant and I plan to read it later.

My notes from his presentation are on the Thursday Meetings blog.

Christina, I asked him about his take on personal knowledge/information management. He said that's what he does and that's what he'd talk about, but I'm not sure that he talked about anything of particular relevance to what you might have specifically wanted to know. Let me know if there's something particular you want me to ask him. He's here almost weekly and he'll probably be in the room when we present.

What do y'all think about slipping Bill Ives our blog to see if he'd be interested in blogging about it? Maybe we could get him to do an embargoed post for 11/16 to herald our unveiling.

3 Comments:

  • Can you get his take on personal knowledge management?

    By Blogger Christina, at 1:30 PM  

  • Yeah, I'll try to remember to ask.

    By Blogger j, at 4:49 PM  

  • By all means let him know about our blog. I would prefer he link to it after our grand unveiling. I need to actually formulate my question for him. It seems that there is some controversy regarding PIM vs. PKP and whether or not PKM or KM, in fact, really exists. In other words, do you really manage *knowledge* or do you manage information or documents/data?

    By Blogger Christina, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home