ASIST K-Blog Panel

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

InformationWeek > Look Who's Blogging

Jim Nash."Look Who's Blogging: How five executives got blog religion and are using it to their professional and personal advantage." InformationWeek. March 7, 2005.
Pointed out by R.A.
Here's a quote from Phil Windley, former Utah CIO and current BYU professor:
I blog to be part of a community of people whom I respect; I want to understand their thinking, and I want them to understand mine. I blog to be part of the conversation. I blog to remember. I blog to refine my thinking. I blog because I don't think I really understand something until I write about it.
The executive bloggers quoted in this article have all encountered issues and resolved them. Some of the uses are what we've heard before, but one from Pusateri (of Disney) stands out. A shift log. In the Navy, we had pass down logs which are informal notes to the ongoing watch of what events are expected, anything coming up on the schedule, and anything unusual with equipment, etc. Disney cable has "shift logs" for the same purpose. I tried to institute something like this at the public library because you have a huge shift change at a busy reference desk and customers get lost, the toner never gets changed...well you get the picture. If you could get people to blog the issues as they arise, and the oncoming people to read the blog as they take over the watch, then you'd be in better shape.
See also, the sidebar on blogging tools.
Updated: shortened URL. |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home