ASIST K-Blog Panel

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

This Blog Is Great for Blog Fodder!

I think it's going to feed the scratchpad pretty well. I just listened to the Talk of the Nation show on blogging, read the Time magazine article it mentions, and read the BusinessWeek piece. They all include interviews with the same people and are kinda repetitive, but good all the same. I spent a lot of time Monday and today working on my presentation for two groups of Harvard Business School librarians on Friday. I'll let you know if their questions or what happens there gives me any brilliant ideas for our presentation. I saw a list of topics the Special Libraries Association Boston Chapter is considering for their SciTech program this year and blogging, RSS feeds, and wikis are on the list.

2 Comments:

  • Link to the list of topics? Also, do you know what they're planning to do on wikis?

    By Blogger Christina, at 1:19 PM  

  • Thanks for the questions, Christina. It made me realize the scratchpad is missing a blog post. I found it and restored it.

    The list is on a password-protected wiki, so I can't point you to it.

    It's a long list: social informatics, taxonomies (which is perpetually on the list), sense making, federated searching, ontologies, and electonic copyright are the other topics.

    I'm not sure what they're doing about wikis. I'm interested in knowing that, too. My immediate thought is "Is there enough to say about them to warrant an entire meeting on them, unless it's going to be a tutorial (which we don't usually do)?" Our programs tend to last several hours. The program committee meets on Monday, so perhaps I'll have some answers next week.

    By Blogger j, at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home